Worship: My Jesus I Love Thee - Ellen & William

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HfvoFissTis/WNgav02eICI/AAAAAAAAAkM/_oi6AAjjWEsaEeNFevJt0jifXUKTWziYACK4B/s1600/My%2BJesus%2BI%2Blove%2Bthee%2B-%2BEllen%2BWilliam.png


About the Song Writer


My Jesus I Love Thee is a poem written by William Ralph Featherston around 1864. Featherston is said to have been either 12 or 16 years old when he wrote the poem.


William Ralph Featherston
William Ralph Featherston

The first two lines of this poem are nearly the same as a hymn written by Caleb J. Taylor, published in 1804; this hymn is used as the basis for the song Imandra by Ananias Davisson in the Supplement to the Kentucky Harmony in 1820, reprinted in Southern Harmony in 1835.


There are other similarities between Featherston’s poem and camp-meeting songs published in the 1820s onward. In 1876 Adoniram Gordon added music to Featherston’s poem. Featherston died at the age of 27, well before his poem had become a well-known inspirational hymn. The poem is believed to have been Featherston’s only publicly published work


Watch below the “My Jesus I love Thee” worship song performed by Ellen Vivek and William Mervin at Bethel Chapel SDA Church, Colombo, Sri Lanka.


 


Worship: My Jesus I Love Thee – Ellen & William 


[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcv8KBWRM2U[/embedyt]


Lyrics: My Jesus I Love Thee – Ellen & William 


 



  1. My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.




  2. I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.




  3. I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.




  4. In mansions of glory and endless delight,I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow,If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.



 



Worship: My Jesus I Love Thee - Ellen & Williamhttps://goo.gl/BKfpQa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Whats Hot